Saturday, September 21, 2019

Review of Blind Spot by Brenda Novak

 Brief summary courtesy of St Martin's  


With Jasper Moore, the privileged boy who attacked her when she was only sixteen, finally caught and in prison, Dr. Evelyn Talbot, founder and head psychiatrist at Hanover House (a prison/research facility for psychopaths in remote Alaska), believes she can finally quit looking over her shoulder. She's safe, happier than she's ever been and expecting her first child. She's also planning to marry Amarok, her Alaska State Trooper love interest and the town's only police presence. But before the wedding can take place, a psychopath from the much more recent past comes out of nowhere and kidnaps her in broad daylight. Instead of planning her wedding, Evelyn finds herself doing everything she can to survive, save her baby and devise some way to escape while Amarok races the clock to find her - before it's too late.




My Review: 

This is the fourth book and second book that I have read in the Evelyn Talbot Series by Brenda. I am a huge fan of Brenda's so when I got the opportunity to read the last book in the series I took it. 

I think right off the bat that she did a great job of setting the scene of the book by having Evelyn held captive. I think no matter if you have read the previous books or not it grabbed your attention right away. 

In regards to the storyline I think that she moved at the appropriate pace, gave you the right amount of information and it flowed. I don't think it felt choppy at all. In addition, i appreciated as a reader that because I only read the first book and now the fourth that I could pick it up and be able to read after a little bit what happened in the previous two books. 

In regards to character development I think she did an astounding job. Each character you could tell was well thought out and developed. They connected well and made sense. 

Overall I think this was a great book and a great series. It wasn't the typical book that I would read as I am not a huge fan of psychological thrillers but because I enjoy the authors writing so I am willing to give it a try which i did. I recommend readers to give it a try. Can't wait to see what the next series of hers will be. 

Purchase your copy here:
Amazon: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NCW9T13/ref=rdr_kindle_ext_tmb
Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/blind-spot-brenda-novak
Target: https://www.target.com/p/blind-spot-dr-evelyn-talbot-novels-by-brenda-novak-paperback/-/A-76348429 

No comments:

Post a Comment