Monday, April 24, 2017

Review of Twelve Days of Christmas by Debbie Macomber

Brief Summary

Julia Padden is liked by almost everyone that she meets and vice versa, except for her neighbor Caine. Julia does not know why Cain is unfriendly and stand offish so when the opportunity at work arises to create a popular blog that will grab audiences attention she decides what she is going to write on. Her blog is called "The Twelve Days of Christmas". Julia's plan is to on the last twelve days til Christmas to get Cain to warm up to her and break down the tough exterior that he has. However, as she begins to track the progress and gets to know Cain she starts to fall for him. Only problem is what does she do about the blog? Tell him or keep it hidden.

My review:

I am an avid reader of Debbie Macomber's book so when I heard that she had a new Christmas book coming out I jumped at the chance to read it. Debbie did a great job of really developing Julia's character as well as Cain's. In addition to creating well developed characters, Debbie also chose the right setting for the book. It was different from her other books that I have read which typically take place in small town not the city, which this one did.

In addition to the well developed characters and the scenery that Debbie described I also enjoyed how the book was different from the others that I have read. I enjoy all of her books but this one definitely held my attention better than previous books. I think it was because the book to me was more about the two characters then it was about the town (i.e. Cedar Cove series).

I really enjoyed how Debbie worked in Caine's Grandfather into the story as well. I thought that it was very sweet to see how Cain changed when he went to visit him and how close Julia got to him as well. They always say that elders in this time hold the wisdom and that was definitely true for this book. I also enjoyed seeing the relationship of Julia and Caine develop through out the book from strangers, to neighbors, to friends and then last but not least to significant others.

Can't wait to read more stand alone novels like this from Debbie in the future.



No comments:

Post a Comment