Friday, July 5, 2019

Review of Coopers Charm


Brief Summary Courtesy of Harlequin Books 

Before the burglary that shattered her confidence, Phoenix Rose had a fiancé, a successful store and a busy, happy existence. After months spent adrift, she takes a job at the lakeside resort of Cooper’s Charm. Surrounded by beautiful scenery, friendly colleagues and a charismatic, widowed boss, Phoenix is slowly inching her way back into the world.

Visiting Cooper’s Charm to check up on her little sister, Ridley Rose impulsively agrees to fill in as housekeeper. Still reeling from an ego-bruising divorce, she finds satisfaction in a job well done—and in the attention of the resort’s handsome scuba instructor.

For Phoenix and Ridley, Cooper’s Charm is supposed to be merely temporary. But this detour may lead to the place they most need to be, where the future is as satisfying as it is surprising…

My Review

This is the second book that I rented from the Library after I heard from many that it was a great read. I am huge fan of Lori Foster so I know that this one wouldn't disappoint. I really enjoyed the storyline, I think that by having two different storylines going on it kept the reader interested and wanting to find out what happened to each sister in the end. She also added a little bit of romance, humor and mystery to top it off!

In addition to the two two storylines I think that she did a great job of creating well developed characters. She gave you enough about Phoenix and Rileys past to know where they came but didn't go over board. I also thought that the men that she chose for both of the women also fit each of the women very well.

Lastly, I enjoyed the story of overcoming fears that I felt Lori had in this book. Both women could have stayed stuck in their past with what had happened to them but instead they pushed forward and moved on.

I can't wait to read the next book in the series to see what she has in store!





No comments:

Post a Comment