Saturday, February 21, 2015

Review of This Heart of Mine - Brenda Novak

This Heart of Mine 

Summary

Phoenix Fuller has had the most difficult life that any one person could have. She was born the child of a hoarder & part of a family that wasn't very supportive. If that hadn't been the worst part of her life she was wrongly accused of second degree murder of high school classmate and sentenced to jail time and forced to give her baby son to his father. Fast forward many years later and Phoenix is finally released and ready to start her life and get to spend time with her son. 

Riley Stinson's life has not always been what he thought it was going to be but he wouldn't change the years he had with son Jacob for anything. However, now Phoenix his high school fling is released and wanting to be in their son's life even though he doesn't want her to be. But as he gets to spend more time with her and see what his son see's in her he feels that he might have been mistaken. 

Will Riley and Phoenix learn to work together for their son? Can time really heal all wounds? Can love maybe find its way back into both of their lives?

My Review

I am an avid reader of Brenda Novak's contemporary and historical romance books so when I was given the opportunity to read her new novel I jumped at the chance. I think Brenda does a great job of really developing the characters and giving you the background on them so you can really feel like you know them. I really connected with these characters too because I felt they were two people that could have known when I was in high school. 

Brenda also did a great job of making the storyline realistic. She didn't sugar coat what life was going to be like for Phoenix once she was out of jail, especially in a small little town. In addition, she also showed the type of struggles that Phoenix would have with her son and baby's father. 

Lastly, I liked that just like the previous books of the Whiskey Creek's series I was able to catch up on previous characters to see what they were up to. 

I am very excited to see what Brenda has in store for the next novel and I was very happy with how she chose to write Riley and Phoenix's love story! Thanks Brenda for giving me the opportunity to Advance Read this Book I loved it!



No comments:

Post a Comment