Saturday, January 25, 2014

A Simple Amish Story

A Simple Faith by Rosalind Lauer

Haley Donovan is hoping work in Halfway's Hospital will allow her to forget about her past and move on to the future. When she meets Dylan who is the new counselor for the hospital she notices he is cute and out of place but she just keeps to her self and does her job. Elsie Lapp who manages her families store wants help her family with finances so she suggests that she visits the city to talk to a vendor. Little does Elsie and Haley know they will be crossing each others paths and both be involved in a tragedy that will connect them for life.

I received this book courtesy of Netgalley. It was the first book that I have read of Rosalind Lauer's so I was unsure of what the writing and story were going to be like. I was very impressed with her story and writing. I thought the book had great characters that were developed very well. I felt she did a good job of describing them so well that you felt like you knew exactly who they were. In addition the book did a very good job of showing how the Amish connect with society.

Another aspect of the book that really grabbed my attention was how she had to point of views guiding the book. It really helped when they had the tragedy in the book occured. You were able to see the two point of views of how the Amish deal with tragedy and how the rest of society deals with it. I am very glad that this book is a part of a series because I would like to learn more about the other characters in the book.

I would defiantly recommend this book to Christian readers as well as those who list Amish stories. This author very much reminds me of Beverly Lewis so if you are a fan of hers you will really like this author too!

No comments:

Post a Comment