Monday, December 29, 2014

Review: Christmas at Carriage Hill by Carla Neggars

Christmas at Carriage Hill

Summary:

All Alexandra Hunt has ever wanted to do is design. So when she gets the opportunity to create her cousin's fiances dress she jumps at the chance. Thinking she may never get the chance to design her own wedding dress she makes the most beautiful dress ever and is asked to come to the wedding. Alexandra happily agrees as she hopes that it will help her get over her latest relationship failure. However, things don't go as planned when who should show up at the same inn as Alexandria but her ex- Ian Mabry.

Will Alex be able to keep her distance away from Ian so that she doesn't fall under the love spell of the sexy fighter pilot?

My Review:

This is the second book that I have read of Carla Neggers and the 3.5 in the Swift River Valle series. I think that Carla did a great job of setting the scene in both locations that the book took place in which was London and Swift River Valley. As I read it felt like I was transported to those locations and part of the scenery. In addition, I think that the characters were well developed and believable. As a reader this is very important to me because if the story is unbelievable the book ends up being boring and not worth finishing. Lastly, I loved the historical romance that she brought into this book. You got to learn more about Alexandria's grandma and her love story. I would love for her to do a book that told their love story as I know I would enjoy it!

The other aspect of the book that I thought was good was when Carla caught the readers up on previous characters that were in the previous three books in the series. I always like when authors do this because it brings back my favorite characters and incorporates them into the next story so you don't lose out on their story even if it isn't the main attraction. I am very interested to see where she is going to take the series going forward and can't wait for read the 4th book that is coming out this spring.


No comments:

Post a Comment