Tuesday, December 16, 2014

Review of All I Want for Christmas by Jessica Scott

All I Want for Christmas is You

Major Patrick MacLean has only wanted one thing this Christmas and that is to be with the love of his life and his child. However, things don't go as he would like when his wife up and leaves with his daughter Natalie returning to her home town. Will Patrick be able to save his marriage and bring his family back together in time for Christmas?

Captain Samantha Egan has felt an emptiness insider her since the day that she returned home from the war. She is not sure if she can be the woman that Patrick once loved. So she packs up and leaves with her daughter and heads back to the only safe place she knows. Her moms house back in her hometown. Will Samantha be able to move pass the pain of war and move on with her life or will she continue to alienate herself from her family and friends.

My Review:

This is the first book that I have read of Jessica Scott's and the first that I have read in her Coming Home series. For not having read any of the previous books in the series I think that Jessica did a great job of making this a stand alone novel that a romance reader could pick up and enjoy. In addition, I also thought Jessica did a great job of developing the characters from the beginning of the novella to the end.

In regards to the content I think that she did a good job of describing life in the military. Although I don't personally live or work in the military from what she wrote i think she did an honest job and made it as real as possible.

I think all in all this was a great novella that I would definitely recommend to my reader friends ad other authors. I am very interested now in reading more books from this author and series!



No comments:

Post a Comment