Saturday, May 24, 2014

When We Met by Susan Mallery



When We Met (Fool's Gold #13)

Taryn Crawford has always put work before her personal life for as long as she can remember. However, things change when her partners in her firm Score force her to move to Fools Gold, California. The town surprises Taryn because everyone says hi to her and wants to know how she is doing which is a far cry from what she grew up with. But what really grabs her attention is the dark dreamy man named Angel who has his sites on seducing her.

Angel Whittaker has always kept his distance from everybody but his friends since his wife and son pasted away. However, thing changed when he moves to Fools Gold where he has very little space and a job that loves. But what really suprises him is the new woman in town, Taryn. No woman other than his wife has really grabbed his attention like Taryn. Will their relationship into something more then a fling? 


My Review: 

This is the 13th book that I have read in the Fool’s Gold series so there could have been a chance that I may have not liked it. However, for me that was not the case. I think she did an excellent job with this story of Angel and Taryn. It was nice to see her dive into their pasts to find out why they had the hard core shells that they did. I really felt for them when they described to each other what horrible things they went through in the past. 

In addition, I liked how Susan showed Taryn as a strong self reliant women who didn’t need a man to get what she wanted. But I also liked how she showed how Angel was able to get past her hard shell and show her that people do care about her. Lastly, what I love about all of Susan’s books is the friendships that she shows develop for all the characters.

My only dislike about the book was that she dug more into more Taryn’s past rather than Angels. I would have liked to learn more about his past than just his wife and son dying. But other than that I don’t think there is too much else that I would have changed.

Link to Susan's Fool's Gold website: http://foolsgoldca.susanmallery.com

No comments:

Post a Comment