Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Blackberry Pie Murder by Joanne Fluke

Blackberry Pie Murder 




Hanna Swensen's life has never been as quiet as it has been the last four months.  So rather than relaxing and sitting still she decides to spend as much as time in her bakery as she can. However, things go downhill when she is driving home one rainy night with her friend and co-owner of the Bakery and they end up hitting a person by accident. From that moment on things go down hill for Hannah and she is forced to get back in crime solving mode to clear her name. Hannah will have to use her detective skills and her families help to find out who the unidentified victim is and why he was in town.

My Review:

I am an avid reader and have read a variety of books so this was not my first mystery novel that I have ever read, however, this was the first book that I have read of Joanne Fluke's. Having not read any of her books prior to this one I was unsure of the story behind the characters and Joanne's writing style. I thought although it would have been nice to know more about the main character Hannah Swensen and her family it was not necessary to read this book.

In regards to her writing style I thought Joanne did a good job of giving you the necessary back story on Hannah and her family in the beginning of the book that allowed you to understood how they would be incorporated into the story. In addition, I liked the love triangle that she had between the dentist, Hannah and the deputy. Their love triangle is something that I would like to see continue to grown and evolve in future books.

As far as the mystery part of the book I think that she did a great job of keeping you as the reader on the edge of your seat. I didn't know until almost the end of the book who the murder was and the reason behind it. Joanne did a great job of having you think you knew what was going to happen and then threw something into the book you didn't see coming. The book had me enthralled from the start of the book to the end wanting to know what happened. It was hard to put the book down and not be able to finish it one sitting.

I am very interested in reading the first book in the series. I would recommend this book to readers who like mystery, crime solving and romance.

No comments:

Post a Comment