Friday, July 12, 2013

Charmed- a Romance Novel


***Description from Goodreads.
***I do not own Photo, Photo by Erica Ridley/Intrepid Reads Publishing Group

Daisy le Fey is good at a lot of things. Math, science, accidentally turning people into pumpkins... Unfortunately, she's not good at the one thing hiring managers look for when filling open positions for magical beings: Magic.

When she jeopardizes her apprenticeship by getting involved with sexy mortal Trevor Masterson, it's one disaster too many. In order to stay out of purgatory, she's going to have to ditch the human—and her one chance at true love


My Review: 


Daisy wanted nothing more than to be normal just like everyone else. Well her normal being having her  fairy wings and magic. She accepts and apprenticeship as a Tooth fairy with Vivian who is the top tooth fairy in all of Nether-Netherland... However, things don't go so smoothly on her first assignment when instead of retrieving eight year old Angus's tooth she meets Trevor Materson who is more like 27 years old adult with all teeth intact. 

Meanwhile, Trevor thought all he would find on his anthropology dig was artifact's and fossils not a beautiful blond bombshell dropping into his tents a couple of nights before he is supposed to head home. At first thinking she might be crazy because she keeps asking about a tooth he gives her a rock thinking it will make her disappear forever. However, once she gets pulled into court for tricking the Tooth Fairy system Daisy makes it her mission to find not only the tooth but also find out why Trevor tricked her.

However, things from that moment on get alot less normal and a lot more magically weird. His teaching assistant is turned into a pumpkin, a frog teleports him to Nether-Netherland and that's just in the first couple chapters. 

I have to be honest this isn't my favorite romance book that I have ever read but it kept my attention and interest after i reached the middle of the book. I initially didn't really get what I was reading until I got through the first couple chapters. I think the characters were well written, however, I think there was too many in the first couple chapters to remember and at some parts I think there were parts that could have been cut from the book because the lack of their importance. After I hit the middle of the book it had me hooked and kept me reading until I finished. I think with this being the first in a series the author was trying to get as much information as she could in a book so that you can understand the places and the characters but it can at sometimes feel overwhelming. I can't guarantee that I will read the next book in this series but will defiantly try another book by this author. 


I would give this book 3 cheese stars! Good story but hard to get into in the beginning. 


For other Erica Ridley books check out her website: 

No comments:

Post a Comment