Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Bones of the Lost (#16 in series) by Kathy Reichs

Back Story on the series/book:

After watching the first season of Bones when it came on TV I was hooked to the story lines and when I found out that it was based off of a book series by Kathy Reich's I had to read the whole series. I have all of the books but only have read the first and the 10th book so I don't have the full background like I should which made it a little difficult to catch on to a couple of the side story lines that were brought up in this book.

The story takes place in Charlotte, NC and in Afghanistan. Temperance gets a call from the FBI when a girl is killed and there is no clue to who she is and what ultimately killed her. Having been a huge help in the past with the FBI's cases Agent Slidell brings her on the case to help discover who the missing girl and what happened to her. Through out the book you learn more about who the girl is and what landed her in to the situation that ultimately got her killed. Elsewhere in the book Temperance helps her ex's friend's son with proving that he is not guilty for what the US government is charging him with. When she takes part in it she find her self half way across the world in the desert looking at bones and getting time to spend with her daughter that is over seas. As you read the book you find it starts out in NC and then moves overseas and the ultimately back in NC.

My Review:

Although there is a lot of medical terms in the book and at times can make the chapters drag on a little I found this book to be very interesting and it kept me reading until the very end. I was very happy with the end that she ultimately had an was very surprised to find out who the girl was and also who killed her. I never saw the twist that she brought in. The end will keep you on the edge of your seat.

I am a huge fan of the books that I have read of Kathy's and will have to go back when I have time and read up on the things that I missed. If you haven't read the series prior to this book the only pieces that you will not understand are when she brings up about a guy names Ryan and her past with her daughter. Although they play a part in the book it is not the whole story and you will be fine with out reading prior books.

I received this copy of Bones of the Lost courtesy of Netgalley & Random House UK, Cornerstone to give an Honest Review.

No comments:

Post a Comment