Thursday, November 27, 2014

Review of Merry Christmas, Baby by Jill Shalvis

Merry Christmas, Baby by Jill Shalvis

Chloe Thompson has everything a girl could ask for a great husband, amazing sisters and a great job. However, things shake up in her life when she finds out that she is pregnant. This is a surprise because neither Chloe or her husband Sawyer ever thought they would be parents because of their difficult childhoods. To bring in more money for his growing family Sawyer starts working additional jobs which takes him away from his wife and growing child. This puts strain on their marriage as Chloe worries that her husband won't come home and that she will have to raise her child alone. Will Sawyer and Chloe be able to make their marriage work? Will Chloe be able to relax and enjoy this holiday season?

In this short novella Jill brings you humor, tears, family and friends.

My Review:

I am a huge fan of Jill Shalvis and her Lucky Harbor series so when I heard that she was ending it I was sad but also understood why she was doing so. However, I am very grateful that she gave us another Christmas book, "Merry Christmas, Baby" and that she had my favorite two characters Sawyer and Chloe being the main storyline. Out of all the books that I have read in the Lucky Harbor series theirs was the story that I connected with the most so when I found out that Jill was having them have a baby I was ecstatic!

Again Jill did a great job of setting the scene of the book and her writing as always was excellent. I think that she does a great job of mixing romance, emotion and laughter all into her books and really has you caring for her characters.

Great job Jill. I can't wait to read more of your books and hope that you come out with another great series like Lucky Harbor!

No comments:

Post a Comment