Sunday, September 14, 2014

Review of A Moment in Time by Tracie Peterson

A Moment in Time by Tracie Peterson

Alice Chesterfield has always been in fear of being hurt again after being attacked and left with a devastating scar. However along with fear she feels betrayed when she learns that her mother and brother are still alive and that they never came back for her.   So when the opportunity arises that allows her to move to Texas with her friend Marty she jumps on it. Will Alice be able to move forward from her past and be able to trust again?

Robert Barnett has always wanted a ranch of his own and a family. So when Alice Chesterfield shows up with his Aunt Marty he finally feels like it might be a possibility. However, there is a problem for Robert because he is promised to another girl by the name of Jessica. Will he go against his families wishes and follow his heart? Will he be able to show Alice that she is more than a girl with a scar?

My Review:

I am a huge fan of historical fiction so when I saw that Bethany House was offering this as an advance reader copy for its reader I jumped on the opportunity. I felt that the book was a little slow moving in the beginning and I wasn't sure which character the book was going to follow. The author in my opinion spent too much time in the Denver setting then she needed to before she had them move to Texas.

In addition, I felt that in the first part of the book there were two different story lines going on rather than one. She focused on Marty's story and Alice story rather than just one.. It seemed like the book was going to be more about Marty Wythe rather than Alice Chesterfield which is not what I understood it to be from reading the summary that was provided by Bethany House.

Once I got half way through the book I really started liking the book and couldn't put it down. I was excited to see what Tracie was going to do with all the characters. In the end I was happy with the way she ended the book and was glad that I read it. I am actually very interested in reading the first book in this series to learn more about Marty and her husband Jake who were also another main characters in this book.

This book was a good read and I would recommend it to other christian readers to take a look at. I wouldn't say it is my favorite book from Tracie but it was still a decent read.

No comments:

Post a Comment