Sunday, September 21, 2014

Review of A Matter of Grave Concern

Synopsis:

Maximilian Wilder leaves all he knows back home to come to London in search of his missing half sister Madeline. He joins a local body snatchers group known as the London Supply Company in hopes they can lead them to her. However, instead he meets a woman by the name of Abigail Hale, the daughter of a local surgeon at Aldersgate School of Medicine.

All Abigail Hale has ever wanted to be is a surgeon like her father so when an epidemic comes where it is hard to get cadavers for the school the only thing she can think to do is hire body snatchers. However, things don't go as smoothly as she would like and she ends getting caught by Max. Max convinces Abigail to go along with his plans in exchange for her release and to get her money returned.

Will Max's secret come out which could risk both his and Abigail's safety? Can Abigail remain calm so that she can return to her father's safe keeping or will she start to fall for Max.

My review:

I received this book courtesy of Brenda Novak and Netgalley.

This is my second historical romance that I have read of Brenda's and this book did not disappoint. I thought this book had a great mix of romance, mystery and suspense. It had me hooked from the beginning and held me until the end.

I think that Brenda did a good job of developing the backstory of both of the characters and also the surroundings of the story. I really felt like it was the 1860's. Being a female I would have liked to see Abigail stand up for her self more to the men but then I also remembered that in that time period that was not heard of.

Can't wait to read more of Brenda's historical romances!

No comments:

Post a Comment