Sunday, October 13, 2013

Take Me Home for Christmas by Brenda Novak


Take Me Home for Christmas  Review


This was my first book that I read in the Whiskey Creek series and the second book by Brenda Novak so I'm still learning what type of author she is. Having not read any of the previous books in this series I liked that before you read the book she introduced you to the characters in the first couple pages with a short description. This allowed me to get to know names of characters I would be reading.

Now to the story I really liked this book because it involved a little bit of mystery with the romance which I thought fit well together. I though she so did a good job of giving the readers a back story on the characters so you know what brought them to who they are today. In addition I liked that although you knew there was something between the two main characters Sophia and Ted she built up to their story and allowed you to learn more about Sophia and her past instead of getting right to the romance. Lastly I also liked how she incorporated Sophia`s daughter Alexa and showed what she went through with her dad`s actions of swindling money out of investors.

I am quite interested to go back now and read the other books and to see how they compare. Lastly very excited to see what kind if story she writes for Eve who was a part of this book. All in all very happy with this book and have found Another author to add to my book shelf.

This book was given to me as ARC by the author. All my opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment