Wednesday, April 26, 2017

Review of Wicked Cowboy Charm by Carolyn Brown

Brief Book Summary Courtesy of Forever-Grand Central Publishing 

ONE BLIZZARD, ONE BUNKHOUSE, AND A WHOLE LOTTA TROUBLE . . .

Josie Dawson is new in town, but it doesn't take a local to know that Deke Sullivan is trouble—in a smokin' hot package. He's sweet, sexy, and has charmed just about every woman in Dry Creek, Texas. Well, Josie won't be next. She'll keep her distance, even if he is great with babies and makes a mean cup of homemade hot chocolate.


Deke Sullivan really is a one-woman type of guy. He just had to do a lot of looking to find that one woman. Now he thinks he's found her and he won't let a strong, sassy gal like Josie slip away. Just when he's wondering how to convince her he only has eyes for her, they get stranded in a tiny cabin during a major blizzard. If Deke can melt her heart before they dig out of the snow, he'll be the luckiest cowboy in Texas . . .

My Review: 

This is the 4th book in the Lucky Penny Ranch series by Carolyn Brown and the second that I read. After reading Fiona Logan and Jud Dawson's story in Merry Cowboy Christmas I was excited to read the next book in the series and to see what love interest she would pick for Deke. So when I got the opportunity to read Wicked Cowboy Charm I jumped at the chance. In regards to character development I really enjoyed how she continued telling you the story of Deke Sullivan and why he was connected to the Logan sisters. In addition, I thought she did a pretty decent job of giving you back story on Josie so you could understand better her actions. I think a little more of Jud and her back story I would have enjoyed but i understand why it wasn't in there. 

In regards to pace of the story I felt that it dragged on at times and that I had a hard time really seeing the characters grow together as a couple like I did with Fiona and Jud. In addition to the pace of the story I also felt that some of the things that happened in the book were very predictable. Not that it is bad all the time but when the pace was slow and then parts of the story being too predictable I had a hard time connecting to the book and really keeping my attention. I found that this book took me a lot longer to read then the other one did. 

All in all this wasn't a bad book and I enjoyed some of it. I am interested to see if Carolyn adds more books to the Lucky Penny Ranch and who the next couple will be. 

No comments:

Post a Comment