Sunday, August 9, 2015

Review of The Heist by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg

Summary: 

FBI Special Agent Kate O'Hare has always been known by her co-workers and family as a dedicated and disciplined person. She has never not retrieved her target until she encounters Nick Fox, a smart, sexy con artist who always seems to be two steps ahead of her. However, that all changes when she captures him after his latest get away. Only problem is that her boss and the director of the FBI want to release him and to work with him. Will Kate be able to work with Nick even though he is a con man? Can she ignore the feelings that seem to start when she sees him?

Nick Fox is a natural con man. Well known for running smart, calculated heists he has always seemed to be two steps ahead of the authorities catching him. However, that all changes when he is captured by Kate O'Hare and offered a job in exchange for his release from custody. Will Nick be able to work with the one woman who just a   minute ago was hunting him?

My Review:

This is the first book in the Fox and O'Hare series by Janet Evanovich and Lee Goldberg. This book initially grabbed my eye because I have read the Stephanie Plum books and am mystery loving junkie! I think that Janet and Lee did a great job of developing the characters so that you felt as the reader you really understood them. In addition, they did a great job of setting the scene for each of the events that took place in the book. I also really enjoyed the comedy and camaraderie that they had between not only Nick and Kate but also the other man characters that took part in the Con. It made you as the reader enjoy the mystery but also allowed a good laugh at the same time.

If there was anything that I would change in the book it would be how long it took to get to the core story of the book. I think that the authors spent too much time in the beginning capturing Nick then they needed to. I think it would have worked if that was the main story of the book but it wasn't. Other than that I think it was a quick easy read that I enjoyed. I am interested to read the next two books in the series.


No comments:

Post a Comment