Monday, January 5, 2015

Review of The Nine Lives of Christmas by Sheila Roberts

The Nine Lives of Christmas 

by Sheila Roberts 

Ambrose has always lived his life living for one person. That person is himself... that is until one day he was on his ninth life and asked for help from his creator and struck a deal. The deal that Ambrose struck is that he will do anything that he is asked for. In walks Zach a local firefighter who is always helping everyone but himself. Ambrose is unsure of what he is suppose to do to help Zach until he meets Merrilee at the local pet store. 

Merrilee has dreams.. but first she has to save up money so that she can go to college. She did not think she would meet a handsome gentleman at her work place.. However, Zach has no interest in starting a relationship or having more than friendship with Merrilee. Well that is what he thinks but Ambrose has other tricks up his sleeve. Will Ambrose be able to bring Zach and Merrilee together in time for Christmas?


My Review: 

This is my first ever book that I have read of Sheila Roberts and to be honest I had no interest in reading it until I saw the movie on Hallmark back in November. After starting to read this book I found that is was way better than the movie. 

Sheila did a great job of setting the scene and making you feel like you were part of the small town. In addition, I really liked the relationship that she built through out the story between Ambrose and Zach. I am not a huge cat person but it was nice to see those two characters relationship being built from the beginning of the book to the end. 

All in all I thought it was a well written book with great a great story and well developed characters. I am very inserted in reading more books from Sheila after reading "The Nine Lives of Christmas". 

No comments:

Post a Comment