Sunday, March 16, 2014

The Sweetest Thing

The Sweetest Thing by Lillian Darcy:


Tully Morgen thought that she had left her small town of Marietta. However, that all changes when her "mother" Sugar (Suzanne) falls very ill and she has to go back to help take care of her. When she returns all she can remember is that horrible night 18 years ago when her sister/mother ruined her prom night and sent her packing to go live with her brother in California. Back in Marietta Tully knows that there is a chance that she might run into old high school classmates but she never thought she would run into her prom date Ren Fletcher who she left standing on her porch so many years ago. Ren Fletcher never thought that he would see Tully the girl who broke his heart so many years ago in their local Candy store or that her sister Sugar would be his new client. Will Ren and Tully become friends again or will they not be able to get past prom night? Can Tully forgiver her mother/sister for the lie that they kept from her 18 years ago and that Sugar ruined her prom night. You will just have to read "The Sweetest Thing" by Lilian Darcy to find out.


I received this book as a gift from author Jane Porter. I have never read Lilian Darcy before so I went into this book not really sure what to expect and not having an expectations. After starting slow by the time I got to the 5th chapter I found that I really liked this book. The book had a really good story and very well developed characters. If I didn't have a full-time job I would have probably finished this book in one seating because the story kept me intrigued and wanting to know what happens to the characters. This book had romance, sadness, forgiveness and family. I am very happy that it is part of a series and can't wait to read the next book in the series. I would recommend this book to people who like romance and stories that have a gripping heartfelt story.

No comments:

Post a Comment