Sunday, July 23, 2017

Review of Every Little Kiss by Marina Adair

Brief Summary courtesy of Mountlake Romance 


There’s nothing that single mom Liv Preston won’t do if it means making her six-year-old son smile again. After a heartbreaking two years, her little family is due for some fun in the sun. She just didn’t expect to find it in the big, rugged, Search and Rescue hero next door—who shows her just how exciting, and sexy, life’s adventures can be.

As head of Reno’s K-9 search division, Ford Jamison knows what it takes to make life-and-death decisions on the fly. He doesn’t hesitate, doesn’t do regrets, and has never doubted his instincts—until he makes a promise that turns his world upside down. Desperate for redemption, he returns to Sequoia Lake, only to find himself face-to-face with his past…and the one woman he can’t have. Not when his secret would destroy her—and everything she holds dear.

For Liv, finding love once was a gift. Finding it twice seems impossible, until the moment Ford’s lips meet hers. Love doesn’t always come easy, but when it’s right, it’s worth fighting for....

My review: 

I received an ARC of this book from the publisher and netgalley in exchange for an honest, unbiased review. This is the first book of Marina Adair's that I have read. I have always loved the covers and book summary on the back and to be honest I even have a couple of hers on my book shelf that I still need to read so when I got the opportunity to read this book I jumped at the chance. This is the second book in the Sequoia Lake series by Marina. 

Having never read of Marina's books in the past I was not sure what her writing style was going to be but I found that they kept a pretty steady pace and had a mix of romance, heartbreak and humor all rolled into one. I think that Marina did a great job of developing both the characters Liv and Ford so that you would understand their reasoning for their actions but didn't go overboard where you felt like it was dragging on and you lost interest. In addition, I really enjoyed seeing Liv's character grow through out the book from being closed off from letting someone into her life to by the end opening up for more than just a man. 

In regards to storyline I found this book to have a couple different ones going on which you would think would be hard to follow but Marina did a good job of intertwining them to make it one great story. I liked how she not only told you of the love story developing between Ford and Liv but also incorporated her son into the mix. It was cool to see how the soon really opened up at the end and became more social with both kids his age as well as his own grandma. Lastly, it has a dog in it. Gotta love a book with a dog in it. 

I really enjoyed this book and can't wait to read the first one in the series as well as the ones that follow. In addition, I will be definitely checking out more of Marina's book as I really enjoy her writing style. I recommend this book to readers who love the romance but also the heartwarming family stories too as I think it has that too. 

No comments:

Post a Comment