Saturday, February 6, 2016

Review of My Kind of Wonderful by Jill Shalvis

Brief Summary: 

Bailey Moore has lived almost her whole life being sick so when she finally goes into remission she decides that she wants to start checking things off her bucket list. After viewing an ad for creating a mural at a near by resort she jumps at the opportunity to check one item off her list. However, after meeting the person who posted the ad she realizes that maybe she bit off more than she can handle and find love the at the same time.

Hudson Kincaid has always been the strong, level headed no nonsense person in his family. However, when Bailey Moore shows up that all goes out the door. Unsure of what to do with these new feelings he separates himself from her and the situation. However, he isn't able to stay away long with his families help and Bailey lack of experience. Can Hudson keep their relationship strictly professional or will he end up opening up more to her than even his own mother and siblings. 


My Review:

I am huge fan of Jill Shalvis' book so when I saw this book available on Netgalley I jumped at the chance to read the next book in this series. This is the second book in the Cedar Ridge series and tells the story of one of the Kincaid brothers that was introduced in the first book. I think Jill does a great job of really developing the characters and giving you a back story on them so you can understand them better. In addition, I find that she really picks the backdrop and setting of the books very well that it almost seems like not fiction but real life.

One of my favorite aspects of Jill's books are the humor that she throws in as well as the deep feelings. Below are two of my favorite quotes:

"So when you're holed up with her in your suite or your office, you're what, just checking each other for ticks. Because the couple who fights off Lyme disease stays together? Is that it?"

"The thought of you leaving and staying away made me want to drop to my knees," he said. "Hows that for someone who doesn't care? Its been three days, twelve hours and six minutes without you." She blinked. "You kept track of the minutes?" "No, I made that part up," he said. "I was trying the to load the evidence in my favor." Aidan snickered. "Rookie." "Shh," Lily said. "He's being romantic."

If you love humor, romance and drama, then Jill Shalvis is the right author for you. Can't wait to read the next book in this series. Best part is she has more series to read as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment